How to validate form in Dreamweaver?
All you need is a form and couple of mouse clicks. This tutorial should takes less than 10 minutes.
I assume you have your HTML form ready.
2. Name your fields
In order to validate your form, you need to give a proper name to
each field. Name your fields as follow: Name, Email, Phone, and
3. Validate form
Select the ‘Send’ button. Go to Window > Behaviors to active the Behaviors pallete. Click on the plus [+] icon and select Validate Form.
Now you should see all the fields in the form: Name, Email, Phone, Comments.
- Select ‘Name’, check Required, Accept = Anything (anything means any key/character).
- Select ‘Email’, check Required, Accept = Email address
- Select ‘Phone’, check Required, Accept = Number
- Select ‘Comments’, check Required, Accept = Anything
- * if you do not want to make the field as required, uncheck Required